I received close to 25 responses to a survey I published in February where I asked you what your impression was of my business, the values you think it portrays and what you would like to see more of at the network. Most of the feedback was very helpful, constructive and many of you get what the Dangerous Lee brand is all about.
The survey was anonymous and the only personal info I asked for was age, sex and location. The following is my response to common answers and things that rubbed me the wrong way.
Many of you have one thing in common:
- I would love to see more of you…what you think, your brand, your voice. I think that is the most authentic.
- The only thing is to increase your presence, but that is a problem for every business.
- I’d like to see more of your point of view, your writing.
- I would like to read more stories about yourself and your experiences because those are the ones I enjoy the most.
- It seems like a lot of rehashed, superficial content. It has your name, but I think people would like better, more carefully curated content from you.
“Dangerous Lee” herself is the most interesting thing about the site, but there isn’t an authentic voice.
Translation: More Dangerous Lee Please!
OK, I get it…you want more of me, but it makes me wonder if you’ve been paying attention. My authentic voice is often published on the network under the category Dangerous Words. Check it out. I’m sure there are lots of things that you’ve missed.
I’m sure I am biased, but none of the news here at the Dangerous Lee Network is rehashed or superficial. Most of the articles are original and with categories like Mentality, Dating & Relationships, Beauty & Fashion and Health & Lifestyle, superficial is not the proper word.
My main demographic is women, like me, so a man may not see the overall value in what is provided. However, there is a category just for you – Guy Stuff.
One of you in particular had a very strong opinion about my attitude and doesn’t quite get the theme of the network:
- A theme….the page seems to be all over the place. Is it just news? If it is I get my info from other sites and really don’t seek out the blogs for it. Most of the topics I don’t care about and so I don’t click on them. It also seems very personal. We always hear about your struggle and how no one supports you. It doesn’t convey confidence in your product and makes me loose interest. We ALL have issues and problems. We don’t go to the blogs to hear the bloggers issues.
Translation: Don’t invite me to your pity party!
This is a news and entertainment network, so it covers many topics. No, it’s not just news. It’s also entertainment and me!
Taken from About The Network:
DangerousLee.Biz, established in 2008, is the hub of The Dangerous Lee News & Entertainment Network. It is Dangerous Lee’s home base which includes a circulation of viral topics and worldwide news that Dangerous Lee finds noteworthy as well as exclusive original content, short stories and blogs that highlight events in her personal and professional life.
I respect if you don’t look to my “blog” for news updates. I am not CNN and I am not trying to be. To better understand what I am trying to create with The Dangerous Lee News & Entertainment Network, think Oprah.com with an edge. I also find it very hard to believe that a 22 year old woman can’t find something of interest here, but I think the issue is much deeper.
In reference to me talking about my struggles; this is MY network and sharing how I feel is part of what this website is about. Trust me when I say I keep a lot of things to myself because I don’t want to become a total Debbie Downer, but my feelings are valid. If you lose interest in me or my products because I have a vulnerable human moment, so be it. You weren’t really interested in the first place.
Lastly, I am very well aware that we all have problems and I have said as much. Instead of looking down on someone try uplifting them or sharing what has you down. It may make us both feel better. I share so you can be open to share. Communicate with a sista. I don’t bite unless you bite first.
Am I argumentative?
- I get the message of a forward thinker, very passionate about your views, sometimes maybe to a fault, & I say that meaning at times it may be better to agree to disagree & accept another’s viewpoint & move on instead of the back & forth banter that comes off as argumentative.
I have no problem with the philosophy of agreeing to disagree. I do it often and sometimes I make the initial suggestion, BUT a discussion or debate requires a back and forth to get to an understanding. If that doesn’t happen, then and only then will the agree to disagree come into play.
I also receive lots of antagonistic/attacking responses and comments, so if you ask for it I will most definitely give it to you. If you come correct I will also reciprocate that. You must also remember that I am Dangerous Lee and I Keep it Dangerous! 😉